As part of our World Food series we bring you Golgappa sometimes called Pani Puri. This dish is enjoyed by many in India and has been provided to us by Maria.
Panipuri consists of small ball shaped, hollow puri which is a fried crisp crepe. It is often mixed with flavoured water called imli (tamrind) and eaten with chickpea salad mix (called chaat). Watch our video to find out exactly how to make the perfect Gol Gappa.
1 cup Semolina
2 tbsp all purpose flour
Hot water as needed to knead into a firm dough
Oil for frying
1. Add Semolina and the all purpose flour
2. Slowly add hot water and knead into a dough, making sure it's firm
3. Leave dough for 30 minutes
4. Roll out the dough and cut into round shapes
5. Heat oil until hot
6. Put shapes into the oil and allow them to separate
7. Take out an enjoy with a chickpea salad mix and imli water